Rotolo's Pizzeria is an Italian restaurant franchise serving fresh pizza, pasta, wings, sandwiches, more. The Tyler location is now open in the Village at Cumerland Park. This family-friendly eatery supplies specialty pizzas such as muffaletta, pasta & Italian subs.
In 1996, Mitch Rotolo opened the first Rotolo’s Pizzeria in Baton Rouge, Louisiana just a pizza throw away from LSU. Today, it has more than 35 locations in 4 states.
Abuelo's restaurant will soon be open in the new Village at Cumberland Park in Tyler. Abuelo’s has consistently been on the leading edge of Mexican cuisine, combining menu creativity, outstanding food and beverage quality, colorful plate presentations and superior service in an impressive Mexican courtyard-themed atmosphere. Every dish is made to order from scratch using only the freshest premium ingredients.
Abuelo's in Tyler opened on November 9, 2015.
Outback Steakhouse, a popular Tyler dining destination, is currently undergoing renovations at its 5704 S. Broadway location. The restaurant remains open during the work.
Five Guys Burgers & Fries, a restaruant chain that began in Washington, D.C. in 1986, is now located at 4510 S. Broadway Ave., in the French Quarter Shopping Center where Dairy Queen previously was located, next to Ken's Pizza. The chain features about 1,200 stores.
Torchy's Taco opened in the fall of 2015 at 426 E SE Loop 323 across from Robert E. Lee High School. It was started in 2006 in an Austin food truck by former executive chef Michael Rypka.
Slim Chickens, a restaruant chain that began in Fayetteville, Arkansas in 2003, is coming to Tyler. It is now open at 7925 S. Broadway Ave., in the Broadway Hills Plaza retail center across the street from Buffalo Wild Wings.
The restaurant has 14 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. The menu includes cooked-to-order grilled or fried chicken, salads, wraps and sandwiches, fried pickles, okra, and 15 flavors of dipping sauces.
Freebirds opened on July 14, 2014 at its location in the building that formerly housed Casa Ole in the Times Square retail center.
Freebirds completely renovated the inside of the building, gave the exterior a whole new look and built two outdoor patios. It is a build-your-own-burrito chain with over 100 locations nationwide.
Steak N Shake opened in late August of 2014 on University Boulevard along with Scooter's Coffee Shop and the Republic Icehouse.
A second Steak N Shake is under constlruction at 7205 South Broadway Avenue just south of Braum's, opening in 2015. Also, a new Fazoli's will be located at the same location.
The TaJ Mahal Indian restaurant opened in the fall of 2014 at 5221 S. Broadway Avenue.
Razzoo's Cajun Cafe opened in Tyler in 2014 at 7011 South Broadway Avenue, in front of Target. It offers a wide variety of foods, like the Cajun Combo Skillet, Crawfish Etoufee, Shrimp Creole, Red Beans & Rice and grilled Andouille Sausage served in a cast iron skillet. Freshly shucked Gulf Coast oysters are also a Razzoo's favorite.
The restaurant chain began in the Dallas area, and has now expanded to over 18 locations.
Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches is now open at its new location at 5303 South Broadway, between Brookshires and Walgreens. Started as a small business in 1983 by 19-year old Jimmy John Liautaud, the restaurant chain has expanded to include locations nationwide.
For more than 10 years, Julian’s has been one of Tyler’s favorite places for food and entertainment. In late 2013, Juls was opened, at 7212 Old Jacksonville Highway.
Juls’ features a spacious main dining room, two private rooms for meetings or large group functions, and a beautiful 5,000 sq. ft. patio open year round with heaters and misters.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is now open on the east side of the Broadway Square Mall at 4751 South Broadway Avenue, Chipotle's first location in East Texas.
The original Chipotle was opened in 1993 in Denver, and has now been expanded to more than 900 locations nationwide.
Its idea is to demonstrate that food served fast doesn't have to be a "fast-food" experience.
Chuy's opened in May, 2011, on 5935 South Broadway in the Fountains of Chimney Rock development, across from Lowe's.
Started in the Barton Springs area of Austin, Chuy's has expanded to become a major player in the Texas restaurant scene, as well as in other states such as Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee. We've always enjoyed eating at Chuy's whether it be in Plano, Arlington, Austin or elsewhere ... and we're excited to have a Chuy's closer by, in Tyler! And we love the hubcaps on the ceiling!
Phone Chuy's in Tyler at 903.509.2489
Tyler offers a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, grills and other dining venues, from small local eateries to national chain restaurants.
Cuisine choices include traditional American fare, Mexican, Italian, Bar-B-Que, hamburgers, seafood, Asian, and more.
Enjoy our Tyler restaurant reviews, and information on new restaurants opening in the Tyler area including Abuelo's, Slim Chickens, Freebirds World Burrito, Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, Torchy's Taco, Chuy's, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Corner Bakery and others.
Plus, don't miss the best of Tyler, like Stanley's Famous Bar-B-Que on Beckham Avenue.
- Mooyah Burgers, 4903 South Broadway
- Outback Restaurant 5704 S. Broadway, 903.509.8193
Applebee's Restaurant, Broadway and Rieck Road
Ryan's, at Broadway Crossing Shopping Center
TGI Friday's Restaurant, South Broadway at Loop 323
Clear Springs Texas Seafood, South Broadway near Grande
Spring Creek Bar-B-Que, South Broadway, in front of Lowe's
On the Border Mexican Grill, South Broadway at Loop 323, next to Broadway Square Mall
Cheddar's Casual Cafe, 6701 South Broadway, in front of Wal-Mart
Traditions Restaurant & Catering, in the Grande Boulevard Plaza
Papacita's Mexican Restaurant, next to Country Inn & Suites
Buffalo Wild Wings
Bernard Mediterranean Restaurant, 212 Grande Blvd just off Broadway
TCBY, next to Courtyard by Marriott, in the South Broadway Shopping Center
Jason's Deli, across from Barnes & Noble
Einstein Bros Bagels, South Broadway at Loop 323
The Diner, 7924 S. Broadway
Andy's Frozen Custard across from Bank of America and next to the Exxon station
Fish City Grill, near Macy's Department Store
SmashBurger, across the parking lot from Courtyard by Marriott (also at 3314 Troup Highway)
Dakota's Steak and Chop House
Shogun Japanese Steakhouse (two locations on Broadway)
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, 7011 S. Broadway, in front of Target
- Raising Canes, S. Broadway just north of Loop 323
- Slim Chickens - 7925 S. Broadway
- Rowdy Taco - 7922 S. Broadway
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria
- Abuelos' Mexican Embassy - opened November 9, 2015 in the Village at Cumberland Park
- Zoës Kitchen - opening fall of 2015
- Jalapeno Tree Restaurant, on Loop 323 near Old Bullard Road, 903.509.0600
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewery, north parcel of Broadway Square Mall
Chili's Grill & Bar, 531 WSW Loop 323, 903.581.7813
Red Lobster Restaurant
|Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, on South Broadway in front of Target (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Mercado's Mexican Restaurant, 2214 WSW Loop 323, between Hwy 155 and Old Jacksonville Highway, 903.534.1754
- McAlisters Deli, Old Bullard Road across from Broadway Square Mall, just off Loop 323. Phone 903.939.3300
- Newk's Express Cafe, Loop 323 SW at Old Jacksonville Hwy, 903.509.4646
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, Loop 323 SW at Old Jacksonville Hwy, 903.939.0510
- Texas Roadhouse, 2101 E. Southeast Loop 323 near Highway 110, 903.509.0053
- Cotton Patch Cafe', 322 E. S.E. Loop 323
- Torchy's Taco - 426 E SE Loop 323
- Yamato Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, 2210 WSW Loop 323
- Dickie's Barbecue Pit, 1501 W Southwest Loop 323
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q, 1410 SSW Loop 323
- Stanley's Famous Bar-B-Que on Beckham Avenue ... we love to eat at Stanley's. Park in the front, or if it's full, park in the back and walk down the stairs! And don't be put off by the line out the door ... it moves fast and it's worth the wait. A true Tyler tradtion!
- Corner Bakery Cafe - 3306 Troup Highway, near Loop 323, phone 903.592.0000
- Coyote Sam's Bar & Grille, 5424 Old Jacksonville Highway, 903.509.4222
- Villa Montez, 3324 Old Henderson Highway, 903.592.9696
- The Egg and I, 150 E 9th St at South Broadway in the Bergfeld Center, 903.592.3447. A favorite of locals for breakfast, and more.
- Sonoma Grill, 5875 Old Bullard Road
- Chez Bazan French Bakery & Cafe, 5930 Old Bullard Road, locally owned for over 20 years
Taco Bueno on Old Bullard Road near the Mall, and on Loop 323E
|Andy's Frozen Custard, a long-time popular stop on South Broadway (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Salsarita's, 331 Troup Highway
- Legends Old-Time Burger Cafe in downtown Bullard
- The Potpourri House, 3320 Troup Highway
- Casa Ole, 3701 Troup Highway
- Breakers: A Seafood Joint, 5106 Old Bullard Road
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta, S. Vine and also on Old Jacksonville Highway close to Toll 49
- La Plazita Mexican Restaurant, 11980 Hwy 64 West
- Orange Leaf Yogurt, corner of Old Jacksonville Hwy and Loop 323
- Ganache Cupcakes & Gourmet Baked Goods, 5380 Old Bullard Road in Gateway Towers
- Oliveto's Restaurant, Troup Square on Troup Highway
- Genghis Grill, Troup Square on Troup Highway
- Skyline Cafe at Tyler Pounds Airport
|Juls restaurant, Old Jacksonville Highway, near Swann's Furniture and Fresh (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Coyote Sam's Bar & Grille, 5424 Old Jacksonville Highway, 903.509.4222
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta, Old Jacksonville Highway, just north of Loop 49
- Chicken Express, near Grande Boulevard
- Juls Restaurant & Cafe, 7212 Old Jacksonville Highway, near Swann's Furniture
- Jucy's Hamburgers, near Grande Blvd.
- Lola's Handcrafted Sandwiches in Gresham ... phone 903.707.2432
- Gus's Mexican Restaurant ... in Gresham
- The Stand Hot Dogs & Sausages, in Gresham at 16700 FM 2493 (Old Jacksonville), Suite 1600 ... phone 903.504.3292 or visit them on the web at www.TheStandHotDogs.com
- Stanley's Famous Bar-B-Que on Beckham Avenue ... a Tyler tradition
- Corner Bakery Cafe - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Salsarita's, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Catfish King (one block south of ETMC on Beckham)
- PaPa John's Pizza (one block south on Beckham)
- The Potpourri House, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Oliveto's Restaurant, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Genghis Grill, south, near Troup and Loop 323
- The Egg and I, 150 E 9th St at South Broadway
- Villa Montez, 3324 Old Henderson Highway, 903.592.969
We've consulted with a number of Tyler business people who regularly conduct business meetings during lunch, and prepared the following list of their favorites for atmosphere and facilities.
- Sonoma Grille
- Genghis Grille
- The Egg & I
- Coyote Sam's
- Jason’s Deli
- McAllisters Deli
- Newk's Express Cafe
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewery
- TGI Friday's
An East Texas family tradition that spans four generations, Greenberg Smoked Turkeys are well known in Tyler, Texas, and now nationwide for their premier turkeys. They still smoke turkeys the way it has always been done, seasoned with a family spice recipe and slow-cooked over a hickory fire. Over 200,000 customers make a Greenberg Turkey a part of their holiday season each year.
|Loggins Restaurant, 137 S. Glenwood Blvd ... a Tyler tradition (staff photo)
Now with a modern website that features online ordering, Greenberg has reached out to an ever-growing customer base. Greenberg is located at 221 McMurrey Drive in Tyler, and can be reached at phone 903.595.0725.
Another Tyler family-run business that everyone knows is Janie's Cakes, located 308 East Front Street, phone 903.592.6150, or toll- free 866-4-JANIES (toll free). All cakes are made from scratch, and include Janie's Specialty Pound Cakes, Homemade Pound Cakes, Chocolate Pound Cakes, Butter, Lemon, Cinnamon, Berries, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, English Curd Pound Cakes and Unique Cakes. Highly recommended by the TylerTexasOnline staff!
And everyone in town is familiar with Loggins Restaurant at 137 South Glenwood Boulevard ... fried chicken, sea food, steaks, pies, and more! It is operated by Jerry and Lyana Loggins, grandparents of 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist Johnny Manzeil of Texas A&M University. Phone 903.595.5022 for more information.
Circle M Crawfish up in Big Sandy is a great place to buy your live crawfish, and also to buy your fried turkey for Thanksgiving. Randy Murphy says that he expects to fry between 300-500 turkeys for Thanksgiving 2015. They are fried in soybean-based oil, NOT peanut oil. To place an order, call 903-360-8946 or 903-636-9199. No deposit is required on orders.
Check back soon as we expand this site during 2015, and provide additional local dining information!
Some folks call 'em crayfish, crawdads, or mudbugs, but here in Texas they are simply CRAWFISH, whether they are swamp crawfish, spillway crawfish, or pond crawfish.
We've been catching crawfish all our life, and love the tradition of a long, leisurely crawfish boil in spring!
Crawfish are healthy food. They are an excellent source of high-quality protein, low in calories, fat and saturated fat, and a good source of vitamins.
Several restaurants and supermarkets such as Brookshires offer boiled crawfish by the pound in season. Also, a number of seafood markets and outlets offer live crawfish for sale in Tyler and East Texas during the crawfish season in the spring.
Learn more about crawfish, local outlets, ordering online, crawfish boil photographs, and more!