Tyler Restaurants, Cafes, Grills, Delis & Dining
Tyler offers a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, grills and other dining venues, from small local eateries to national chain restaurants.
Cuisine choices include traditional American fare, Mexican, Italian, Bar-B-Que, hamburgers, seafood, Asian, Greek, and more.
With the advent of COVID-19, restaurants adopted new ways to serve their customers, including cubside pickup, delivery and limited seating. Be sure to check with your restaurant of choice for current dining options.
Tyler Restaurant Reviews at TripAdvisor
Tyler has over 310 restaurants, and this website provides reviews of most of those via TripAdvisor. Enjoy our Tyler restaurant reviews, and don't miss the best of Tyler, like Stanley's Famous Bar-B-Que on Beckham Avenue and Kiepersol at the Vineyards.
Reviews of Popular Tyler Restaurants at TripAdvisor
Read reviews on over 310 Tyler restaurants
There are literally dozens of good restaurants in Tyler. Here are just a few popular favorites! We have no affiliation with any of these restaurants ... they are listed as a starting point for you to make your own dining decisions.
|Restaurant and TripAdvisor Review Links||Websites|
|Stanley's Famous Pit BBQ - 525 South Beckham Avenue, near the Hospital District.||Website|
|Chuy's - Popular Mexican dining, at 5935 South Broadway, near the Holiday Inn and Best Western, across from Lowe's.||Website|
|FD's Grill House - In the Village at Cumberland Park, 8934 S. Broadway, near the Hampton Inn & Suites South.||Website|
|Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant - 8926 S. Broadway Avenue in the Village at Cumberland Park.||Website|
|McAlister's Deli - 4325 Old Bullard Road at the corner of Loop 323, across from the Broadway Square Mall.||Website|
|Kiepersol Restaurant - Highly rated local restaurant at 21508 Merlot Lane, just east of Bullard on FM344 near the Kiepersol Vineyards and B&B.||Website|
|Mama's Restaurant - Popular local eatery, at 2105 East 5th Street, and 7484 South Broadway Avenue.||Website|
|Villa Montez - Fine Latin cuisine, in an elegant architectural landmark, at 3324 Old Henderson Highway.||Website|
|The Diner - Popular breakfast fare with the locals, near several hotels, at 7924 S. Broadway.||Website|
|Clear Springs Cafe - Located at 6519 South Broadway near Grande Boulevard.||Website|
|Aspen Creek Grill - at 1725 West Southwest Loop 323, near Home Depot and Old Jacksonville Highway.||Website|
|Happy's Fish House - Popular local restaurant, located at 2202 E 5th Street.||Website|
|Bernard Mediterranean Restaurant - 212 Ole Grande Boulevard, just off South Broadway Avenue. Seafood, Mediterranean, European cuisine.||Website|
|Athena Greek & American Restaurant - 1593 W Southwest Loop 323. Mediterranean, Greek and American cuisine.||Website|
|Culture ETX - Downtown Tyler at 118 West Erwin Street||Website|
|The Grove Kitchen & Gardens - 3500 Old Jacksonville Highway in an elegantly landscaped venue.||Website|
|Read more Tyler restaurant reviews at TripAdvisor|
Restaurants along Tyler's South Broadway Avenue
- Raising Canes - S. Broadway just north of Loop 323
- On the Border Mexican Grill - South Broadway at Loop 323, next to Broadway Square Mall
- Einstein Bros Bagels - South Broadway at Loop 323
- Bubba's 33 - 4504 South Broadway
- Longhorn Steakhouse - at East Side of Broadway Square Mall
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - East parcel, Broadway Square Mall
- Freebirds World Burrito - 5105 South Broadway
- Jason's Deli - across from Barnes & Noble
- Starbucks Coffee - Out parcel at Hobby Lobby
- Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
- Three Z Asian Cuisine - 5201 S. Broadway
- Chuy's Mexican Restaurant - 5935 South Broadway, 903.509.2489
- Panera Bread - 5755 S. Broadway, 903.561.1303
- Applebee's Restaurant - Broadway and Rieck Road
- Olive Garden - 5520 S. Broadway Ave., 903.509.3363
- Golden Corral - at Broadway Crossing Shopping Center
- Outback Restaurant - 5704 S. Broadway, 903.509.8193
- Chick-Fil-A - 5716 South Broadway
- Spring Creek Bar-B-Que - South Broadway, in front of Lowe's
- Jimmy's Egg - 6004 South Broadway
- Andy's Frozen Custard - across from Bank of America
- Bernard Mediterranean Restaurant - 212 Grande Blvd just off Broadway
- Chili's Grill & Bar - South Broadway near Grande
- Clear Springs Texas Seafood - South Broadway near Grande
- Walk-Ons - Sports bar and dining at 6525 S. Broadway, across from the La Quinta Inn & Suites South
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen - 6701 South Broadway, in front of Wal-Mart
- Papacita's Mexican Restaurant - across from Wal-Mart
- Panda Express - 6910 S. Broadway across from Target
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe - 7011 S. Broadway, in front of Target
- Braum's Ice Cream - 7101 S. Broadway - A family favorite for years!
- Tyler Taco Shop - 7205 S. Broadway
- Saltgrass Steak House - 7214 S. Broadway
- Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers - In front of Kohl's
- Mario's Italian Restaurant - 7916 S. Broadway
- Slim Chickens - 7925 S. Broadway
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- The Diner - 7924 S. Broadway
- The Village at Cumberland Park - just south of Toll 49 on South Broadway Avenue
- Abuelos' Mexican Embassy
- FD's Grill House
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria
- Piada Italian Street Food
- Which Wich
- Thai Kitchen
Restaurants along Tyler's Loop 323 Corridor
- Jalapeno Tree Restaurant - on Loop 323 near Old Bullard Road and Office Depot, 903.509.0600
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewery - north parcel of Broadway Square Mall
- Red Lobster Restaurant
- Mercado's Mexican Restaurant - 2214 WSW Loop 323, between Hwy 155 and Old Jacksonville Highway, 903.534.1754
- McAlisters Deli - Old Bullard Road across from Broadway Square Mall, just off Loop 323. Phone 903.939.3300
Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, on South Broadway in front of Target (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Newk's Express Cafe - Loop 323 SW at Old Jacksonville Hwy, 903.509.4646
- Athena Greek & American Restaurant - 1600 WSW Loop 323
- Texas Roadhouse - 2101 E. Southeast Loop 323 near Highway 110, 903.509.0053
- La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe - Loop 323 at Old Bullard Road
- Torchy's Taco - 426 ESE Loop 323
- Daniel Boone's - 1920 ESE Loop 323
- Yamato Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar - 2210 WSW Loop 323
- Cotton Patch Cafe - 322 ESE Loop 323, near Broadway
- Aspen Creek Grill - Loop 323 near Old Jacksonville Highway and Home Depot
- Dickey's Barbecue Pit - 1501 W Southwest Loop 323
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q - 1410 SSW Loop 323
Tyler Restaurants along Old Jacksonvile Highway
The Grove Kitchen & Gardens, 3500 Old Jacksonville Highway, Tyler, Texas
- Javi's - 7212 Old Jacksonville Highway near Swann's
- Cantina Laredo near Swann's
- 1836 Texas Kitchen
- Texas de Brazil - at the corner of Old Jacksonville and Dueling Oaks Drive. Phone 903.231-9000
- Chicken Express - near Grande Boulevard
- Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Store - 5858 Old Jacksonville HIghway
- Jucy's Hamburgers - near Grande Blvd.
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta - Old Jacksonville Highway, just north of Loop 49
- Gus's Mexican Restaurant - in Gresham
Restaurants near Trinity Mother Frances & UT Health East Texas (ETMC)
Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q on Beckham Avenue
- Corner Bakery Cafe - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Salsarita's - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Catfish King - one block south of UT Health on Beckham
- The Catch - 1714 S. Beckam Avenue
- PaPa John's Pizza - one block south on Beckham
- The Potpourri House - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Oliveto's Italian Bistro - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Genghis Grill - south, near Troup and Loop 323
- Villa Montez - 3324 Old Henderson Highway, 903.592.969
Here are just a few favorites for enjoying a great meal or night out in downtown Tyler! We have no affiliation with any of these venues ... they are listed as a starting point for you to make your own dining decisions.
|Rick's on the Square||Website||TripAdvisor|
|Black Pearl Tyler||Website||TripAdvisor|
|Don Juan on the Square||Website||TripAdvisor|
|ETX Brewing Company||Website||TripAdvisor|
|Andy's Frozen Custard||Website||TripAdvisor|
|Tapatio's Grill Chicken||Website||TripAdvisor|
|Taqueria El Lugar||TripAdvisor|
Other Tyler Restaurants
- First Watch - 150 E 9th St at South Broadway in the Bergfeld Center
Andy's Frozen Custard, a long-time popular stop on South Broadway (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Kiepersol Restaurant - on the grounds of the winery, just east of Bullard on FM344 ... highly rated!
- Taco Bueno - Old Bullard Road near the Mall, and on Loop 323E
- Dakota's Steak & Chop House - 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Sky's the Limit Diner - adjacent to the Historic Aviation Memorial Museum at Tyler's Pound Airport. Phone 903.707.2900
- Villaggio del Vino - 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Casa Ole - 3701 Troup Highway
- Breakers: A Seafood Joint - 5106 Old Bullard Road
- Posados Cafe - 2500 E. 5th Street
- Happy's Fish House - 2202 E. 5th Street
- Mama's Restaurant - 2105 E. 5th Street
- La Plazita Mexican Restaurant - 11980 Hwy 64 West
- 4-Way Cafe - in Flint at FM 346 and Old Jacksonville Highway
- Enoch's Wine & Coffee House - 3979 University Boulevard
Other Classic Tyler Food Traditions
An East Texas family tradition that spans four generations, Greenberg Smoked Turkeys are well known in Tyler, Texas, and now nationwide for their premier turkeys. They still smoke turkeys the way it has always been done, seasoned with a family spice recipe and slow-cooked over a hickory fire.
Over 200,000 customers make a Greenberg Turkey a part of their holiday season each year.
Now with a modern website that features online ordering, Greenberg has reached out to an ever-growing customer base. Greenberg is located at 221 McMurrey Drive in Tyler, and can be reached at phone 903.595.0725.
Another Tyler family-run business that everyone knows is Janie's Cakes, located 308 East Front Street, phone 903.592.6150, or 866-4-JANIES (toll free). All cakes are made from scratch, and include Janie's Specialty Pound Cakes, Homemade Pound Cakes, Chocolate Pound Cakes, Butter, Lemon, Cinnamon, Berries, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, English Curd Pound Cakes and Unique Cakes. Highly recommended by the TylerTexasOnline staff!
And everyone in town is familiar with Loggins Restaurant at 137 South Glenwood Boulevard, opened in Feburary of 1949 ... fried chicken, sea food, steaks, pies, and more! It is operated by Jerry and Lyana Loggins, grandparents of 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist Johnny Manzeil of Texas A&M University. Phone 903.595.5022 for more information.
Check back soon as we expand this site during 2023, and provide additional local dining information!
In the Spring in Tyler ... It's Time for Crawfish!
Some folks call 'em crayfish, crawdads, or mudbugs, but here in Texas they are simply CRAWFISH, whether they are swamp crawfish or farm-raised pond crawfish.
We've been catching crawfish all our life, and love the tradition of a long, leisurely crawfish boil in spring!
Crawfish are healthy food. They are an excellent source of high-quality protein, low in calories, fat and saturated fat, and a good source of vitamins.
Several restaurants and supermarkets such as Brookshires offer boiled crawfish by the pound in season. Also, a number of seafood markets and outlets offer live crawfish for sale in Tyler and East Texas during the crawfish season in the spring.
The last five years we have purchased our live, and boiled, crawfish from Wade's Place on East Main Street in Chandler.
We've also been pleased with the live crawfish we've purchased by the sack from Circle M Crawfish in Big Sandy, on Highway 155 just south of U.S. 80.
Learn more about crawfish, Tyler area crawfish outlets, ordering online, crawfish boil photographs, and more!