Photo Gallery of Downtown Tyler Texas
Named for President John Tyler, the city was established on April 11, 1846 by the Texas Legislature as it also created Smith County. Tyler was designated the county seat.
West Erwin Street Sign Downtown
Tyler: Established 1846
Downtown Tyler today features numerous historical structures, government buildings and a reviving business district.
Featured in our photo gallery are historic churches, the downtown Tyler skyline, Smith County Courthouse, Tyler City Hall, streetscapes, historic downtown homes, and other scenes.
All photos were taken by the TylerTexasOnline staff along with Epagentry Design Studios.
The Tyler City Hall, Downtown Tyler, Texas
Downtown Tyler Texas skyline
The site of the old Smith County Texas courthouse, looking east towards the current courthouse
Tyler Texas historical survey marker in the downtown square
Smith County Texas Court House
The Liberty Theater, 103 E. Erwin, downtown Tyler ...
Liberty Hall ... after restoration, September, 2011
Streetscape, downtown Tyler Texas, including the site of the Arcadia Theater
Southwest Operating and Atlantic Oil Company, 727 South Chilton, Tyler
The Bonner-Whitaker-McClendon House, built in 1878, designated a Tyler Historic Landmark in 1984
806 West Houston, Tyler
The Smith - Butler House, circa 1890 ... 419 West Houston, Tyler
Memory Lane Inn ... a Crafting Retreat, in Tyler
Classic Tyler home, at the corner of S. Fannin Avenue and E. Charnwood Street
The Woman's Building, South Broadway Avenue, Tyler, Texas
The Fitzgerald Home, on South Broadway Avenue, Tyler, Texas
First Presbyterian Church, Tyler, Texas
Marvin United Methodist Church, Tyler, Texas
Tyler Texas downtown skyline, looking west from the courthouse
Tyler Texas downtown skyline, looking east
Tyler Texas store facades ... before the fire ... now being restored in 2011
Tyler Theater, downtown Tyler Texas
Tyler Texas downtown skyline
Tyler Texas Federal Courthouse, downtown Tyler
First Baptist Church in downtown Tyler, Texas
LeGrand - Goodman House and Museum, North Broadway Avenue, Tyler, Texas
Concrete water tower, downtown Tyler
Built in 1957, stands 206 feet tall, and is still in daily use by the City of Tyler
Originally had space for a nuclear fallout shelter for 750 people
The J. Pabst Building, seen in 2006
Brick Streets National Historic District, Tyler, Texas, established 2004
Tyler Red Brick Streets
The Cotton Belt train depot in Tyler, Texas, opened in 1905
The last passenger train in Tyler was in April, 1956, and the depot was later donated to the City of Tyler. It is now the site of the Cotton Belt Museum.
Tyler Tap Railroad Historic Marker in Tyler Texas ... route of the Cotton Belt
The Tyler Tap Railroad began operations in 1877
Historic Oakwood Cemetery, the oldest cemetery in Tyler
located near downtown ... entrance
|Tyler and East Texas Photo Galleries|